Research has shown the Amazing benefits of Touch including the effects of stimulating touch receptors under our skin. It can even lower blood pressure levels and plays a major part in our social and behavioural development.
Much more than a handshake, a meaningful touch on the arm or a Magical hug expressing Friendship, Understanding, Welcome or Compassion – it actually has a physiological effect on our well being.
Here are some of the “hidden” benefits –
- More Peaceful families and communities.
- Increased Trust between people as the physical touch activates the brain’s orbitofrontal cortex linking to the Rewards sector of the brain.
- Touch can trigger release of Oxytocin which is the “Love Hormone”.
- More Calm/Better performance as it soothes Cardiovascular Stress, activating the body’s Vagus Nerve which is linked to Compassion.
- Enhances Team Building eg. A study in America shows that NBA football teams who touch each other more, win more games.
- Improved Health and Strengthened Immune System.
- Stronger Relationships – a simple handshake or hug has shown to generally speaking creates better connections.
- Increases Learning ability.
- Enhances over all Wellbeing.
- Increases more Non – sexual connection
- Accelerates Emotional, Mental, Physical or Spiritual Healing.
We feel we can never have too many Hugs…they are Magical.
When it comes to our pets – patting, holding or generally touching animals, it has been found that it has a definite positive effect on our Well being …. Animals just love to be be appreciated too….including Me…Bumbly..
It all makes sense as having a connection with others is one of our essentials for Life… Social contact, Laughter, Affection and Fun are Magical ingredientsfor us all...
Whether you are the Giver or the Receiver – A Hug can Change your Day..
Namaste, Chris and Bumbly.
Most times when we think of our Heart, we relate it to the obvious physical function of maintaining circulation, romance or the beautiful symbol which seems to find it’s way to stationery, jewellery, signage and much more….
According to recent research, it has been found that in addition to those aspects mentioned above, the Heart has an “Intelligence.”
In fact it has the ability to make decisions to make decisions….maybe this is the origin of the saying, “Listen to your Heart.”
In Traditional Chinese Medicine, the Heart is the underlying connection between mind and body..Chinese symbols for “thinking”, and “love” all have the symbol for “heart” in them.
Interestingly, our initial Heartbeat begins the minute specific heart cells form and they then multiply in the feotus. How Amazing …the heart is beating before the organ is totally formed…and in perfect rhythm. Magically, the Heart is propelled by an unseen Energy – Universal Energy – which is referred to as Chi, Prana or Vital Energy…being the source of our Life force. In fact our heart is much quicker to respond to something around us than our brain as are emotions are more responsive and more powerful than thoughts.
If we take a moment to still our body and mind …to be silent…connect with our Heart, our deeper inner knowing….our Intuitive self, we will hear that “little voice”… It speaks to us, offering guidance…whether we are making a decision, contemplating or reflecting… it is always there…
We are aware of it and yet sometimes the wisdom is disregarded….Maybe it isn’t the answer “what we want to hear” or our intellect gets in the way…asking for reasons…or logic …. it is
so simple….Listen and Trust.
”The voice is within us, it will Always want what the best for us as it comes from our Higher Self….
It’s all about How it Feels….
Wise Words ….”Follow your Heart.”
Namaste, Chris and Bumbly.