Research has shown the Amazing benefits of Touch including the effects of stimulating touch receptors under our skin. It can even lower blood pressure levels and plays a major part in our social and behavioural development.
Much more than a handshake, a meaningful touch on the arm or a Magical hug expressing Friendship, Understanding, Welcome or Compassion – it actually has a physiological effect on our well being.
Here are some of the “hidden” benefits –
- More Peaceful families and communities.
- Increased Trust between people as the physical touch activates the brain’s orbitofrontal cortex linking to the Rewards sector of the brain.
- Touch can trigger release of Oxytocin which is the “Love Hormone”.
- More Calm/Better performance as it soothes Cardiovascular Stress, activating the body’s Vagus Nerve which is linked to Compassion.
- Enhances Team Building eg. A study in America shows that NBA football teams who touch each other more, win more games.
- Improved Health and Strengthened Immune System.
- Stronger Relationships – a simple handshake or hug has shown to generally speaking creates better connections.
- Increases Learning ability.
- Enhances over all Wellbeing.
- Increases more Non – sexual connection
- Accelerates Emotional, Mental, Physical or Spiritual Healing.
A study has also shown we need 4 hugs a day for Survival…8 Hugs a day for Maintenance…
We feel we can never have too many Hugs…they are Special.
When it comes to our pets – patting, holding or generally touching animals, it has been found that it has a definite positive effect on our Well being …. Animals just love to be be appreciated too.
It all makes sense as having a connection with others is one of our essentials for Life… Social contact, Laughter, Affection and Fun are Magical ingredients for us all...
Whether you are the Giver or the Receiver – A Hug can Change your Day..